Celebrating Our 2nd Anniversary
On May 24th, 2016 a small group of us began our journey advocating for responsible cannabis regulations in LA County. Over the last two years we've achieved many notable milestones.
- Wrote a motion which laid the foundation for the LA County Cannabis Advisory Workgroup
- Collaborated with Board of Supervisors to begin exploring Cannabis Regulations in LA County
- Facilitated Tours of Licensed Cannabis Operators for LA County Department Officials
- Convinced the Board of Supervisors against spending $25M to eradicate all existing operators
- Appointed to the LA County Cannabis Advisory Workgroup
- Community outreach through Street Clean Ups
- Began partnerships with many community based organizations
- Published the Official Recommendations Report for Cannabis Regulations in LA County
- Passed Official Recommendations on EQUITY & A PATHWAY TO LICENSURE FOR EXISTING OPERATORS
- Supported Expungement Clinics convincing the Board of Supervisors to pursue Automated Expungements in LA County
Those are just some of the highlights of various accomplishments Angeles Emeralds has achieved towards advocating for responsible cannabis policy over the years.
In Celebration of Our 2nd Anniversary,
We Are About To Take Our Biggest Steps Yet
LA COUNTY CANNABIS POLICY SEMINAR
On June 14th we are hosting the LA County Cannabis Policy Seminar. With over 80% of all the cities in LA County voting yes on Prop 64, only 20% are actually allowing for legal commercial cannabis operations. In order for the legal market to become viable, LA County needs to have a regional discussion on the topic and we look forward to being able to do so starting with the LA County Cannabis Policy Seminar.
HELP CLEAR CANNABIS CONVICTIONS - Free Membership Program
An estimated 500,000 LA County residents qualifying for expungements of their criminal records, 200,000 for cannabis based convictions alone, and many more throughout the state.
Angeles Emeralds is committing to helping those in need of free legal services through out the state.
On June 14th, we will be launching a new way for all of us to help repair the harms of the War on Cannabis. By becoming an Angeles Emeralds member for free, you'll be able to do your part to help your community members overcome some of the thousands of barriers that a criminal record causes.
Sign up to learn more about how you can help.